Sunday, November 12, 2006

Monday - storytime
<<------------------------------------------------->>


One Night In December
by Terrance O'Reilly
Year Seven

?Well, are you going to do it or not??

?Oh, I don't know, Andy. It's been over fifteen years since I did any theater,? I replied to my lover as he opened the bedroom windows before coming to bed.

?Rick said he needed to know by today. You haven't called him, so you haven't completely decided against it, have you??

It was more a statement than a question.

?That seems to indicate to me that it is something you really want to do but are just a bit. . . cluck, cluck, cluck.?

I threw a pillow at him. Sometimes it amazed me that men our ages could act like such adolescents. Neoteny the animal behaviorists call it: the persistence of juvenile or infantile traits into adulthood. Dogs are very neotanous. Apparently so are humans.

If you want to read this story click here!

No comments: