Saturday, February 3, 2007

Saturday - Musical Interlude...

Ok, Courtney Love. Who knew? I recently had the opportunity to read something she wrote, and I was blown away by it. The media depiction’s I’ve always seen of her led me to think that she was some kind of burnt out drug addled “star” this little piece I read changed my mind. She can be quite intelligent, and well spoken. Mind you it’s from 2000… but why hasn’t this been more popularized?

Here, an excerpt.

“Today I want to talk about piracy and music. What is piracy? Piracy is the act of stealing an artist's work without any intention of paying for it. I'm not talking about Napster-type software.

I'm talking about major label recording contracts.

I want to start with a story about rock bands and record companies, and do some recording-contract math:

This story is about a bidding-war band that gets a huge deal with a 20 percent royalty rate and a million-dollar advance. (No bidding-war band ever got a 20 percent royalty, but whatever.) This is my "funny" math based on some reality and I just want to qualify it by saying I'm positive it's better math than what Edgar Bronfman Jr. [the president and CEO of Seagram, which owns Polygram] would provide.

What happens to that million dollars? “

Click here to read the rest…

This is why our musical interlude this Saturday will be entirely Hole based.

 

 

Hole - celebrity skin

Get it on itunes! Hole - Celebrity Skin - Celebrity Skin

 

Hole - Malibu

Get it on itunes! Hole - Celebrity Skin - Malibu

 

Hole - Awful

Get it on itunes! Hole - Celebrity Skin - Awful

 

Hole-Violet

Get it on itunes! Hole - Live Through This - Violet

No comments: