Thursday, December 21, 2006

FA la la la la...

Well, i decorated tonite. I was going to do it earlier, like I always do, but I got that flu that was going around. So, I just didn't feel like doing it. My sister came over to help. Which was nice of her. We got some of thsoe new LED christmas lights. But they weren't quite as bright as I had hoped for. My sister had this bright idea to get this white cotton stuff and make snow everywhere. I didn't particularly like it. She also did the lights on the tree... well... white lights... I was agahst! Of course i was so sweet, and it was so beutifull.. yikes.

So when all was said and done i had this horrid tree... White lights blinking in such a way it looked like the poor thing was having a seizure. This white cotton batting all over the place... Very.. I have no words for the way this looked. It was like Wal-mart christmas aisle threw up all over my house. So, I had a panicked call to my mother.

"Umm... mom, I kind of hate my tree."

"what do you mean?"

"Well, chrissy came over and helped me with my tree and she has some... Umm odd ideas..."

"Ah, Ok, well what's it like"

"It looks like its having a seizure. SHould I try again?"

"Definatly, take it down. put it up right. Otherwise its going to drive you crazy"

"Thanks mom, thats what I needed, I'll tell Chrissy that it fell over or something..."

So, I ripped it down. Discarded all 7 sets of singing lights (it was insane... the noise...) Got rid of the white lights. and re did it. We only do real trees, cause well, ew. So i went over it with the trimmer, got it in just he right shape. Then I put the lights on just right. Used my favourites the chasers. The one where its a bunch of colours and they fade in and out gradually. Put the LED ones towards the back where they wouldn't confuse anyone. Then out came the good christmas bulbs. The nice blown glass ones, not those horrid plastic ones that were there. I found the cutest set of blown glass figurines in a decorative box this year. they are really nice. Got some garland going. It all started to come togeather nicely. The tree w3as classy, and nice. Very well lit, the lights were there but partially obscured. I love it. Pulled 9 tenths of that cotton batting shit down too, and reorganized some things. It's almost perfect. I just have the mantel to do with the stockings.

No comments: